Sunday, May 3, 2009

I May Be Crazy

In the past I have never been into running or races. I loved playing soccer, but was never interested in running. Well, times have changed. I started running after Luke was born and now I am addicted. I loved running on my own, but never thought of doing any races. Well, I signed up for the Top of Utah Half Marathon this morning, and now I am having some feelings of anxiety (and regret??). I never thought I would attempt a marathon, let alone a half marathon. But who knows, depending on how this race goes, I may try for a marathon (yikes!). Luckily, I have until Aug. 29th. I have talked my sister into doing it with me, so I am not alone. I am not racing to win, but for the experience (hopefully a good one). Wish us luck!!!

1 comment:

Me said...

No way Mindi, I've been wanting to do that half, too! I haven't actually signed up yet though cause I keep wondering if I should!! I should just sign up though then I have no choice. I ran before I had kids and did 4 marathons and I did a half last year so I'm itching to do another race, it's the only thing that keeps me exercising! I'm a slow runner though i bet you're faster than me!