Monday, August 31, 2009

The Race

On Saturday I ran in my first race, the Top of Utah half marathon. My sister and brother-in-law ran it also. My official time was 1:42:57, so just under 1 hour 43 minutes. I don't think I have ever ran that fast that far. It was a great day for running, the weather was perfect. My sister and I ran together the whole time which was great. It was nice to have someone to run with to make the time go by faster. I was feeling great until mile 11 and then I think it hit me. But I had to keep going. The last two miles seemed like forever, but we made it!! I would definitely do it again, it is addicting. The only drawback was we had to get up at 5 a.m. I don't think I could ever do a full marathon, but who knows. I would love to try a triathlon sometime in the future. It has been two days, and I can still hardly move, my legs are sore!!

Greg and the boys were waiting for us at the finish line. He had a great picture shot, until someone cut me off at the last minute and got in our picture. You can see my sister in the orange, and I am behind the lady in bright blue.


Time to catch our breath!


Luke was so proud and kept saying, "Great job on the race mom!" That made it all worth it!

Emily and Jeremy






5 comments:

Bryndie said...

Good for you! You were hauling! I can't get that into the running. It makes me sick you are that skinny already after your baby. In my dreams!

Me said...

Yeah I'm SICK too! You speed demon... maybe I need to run bleachers, geez! No I really am happy for you!! I was only oh, 35 minutes behind you...

Abby said...

You guys are awesome! Way to go!

By the way, my blog isn't private any more, so it should be updating in your blog list...

Marcie said...

Good for you Mindi. You made it in awesome time. I start traing after each baby, but then I just keep getting pregant and have to stop. You have inspired me!

Julie said...

Way to go Mind! That is honestly amazing!!!! I would love to get together! BTW- your boys are both darling!